Wenatchee Valley College Center for Entrepreneurship’s new StartUp Boot Camp is an immersive program designed to provide information, tips, exercises and tools to help entrepreneurs think about, plan and launch their business idea.
Sessions will be held weekly beginning on Tuesday, Sept. 18 from 5:30-7 p.m. in the board room of the Wenatchee Valley Chamber of Commerce.
Through the course, participants will work to:
- Discover how their business concept matches their personal vision.
- Align their business concept with a real market opportunity.
- Find their target market and discover their competitive advantage.
- Determine the unique features and benefits of their product/service.
- Learn how to set realistic financial goals for their business.
- Define their company’s brand and marketing.
- Learn how to manage business functions and develop an organizational culture.
- Determine the steps to profitability.
- Identify potential sources of funding for their business.
- Launch their business.
This program is for those who want to get serious about starting their business, those who have launched and need additional skills, and those who need to write a business plan to qualify for financing or other purposes.
Cost for the program is normally $300, however half of the tuition will be sponsored by a grant from the Washington State Department of Commerce’s StartUp NCW project (startupncw.com). Total registration cost is $150. There are scholarships available for the remainder of the registration cost. To register or request more information about the program or scholarships, email CforE@wvc.edu or call 509-682-6915.
The mission of the Center for Entrepreneurship at Wenatchee Valley College is to assist existing and future entrepreneurs by providing a one-stop access point for regional resources in training, business development, networking and doing business in North Central Washington. Visit our website, wvc.edu/CforE.
Wenatchee Valley College enriches North Central Washington by serving educational and cultural needs of communities and residents throughout the service area. The college provides high-quality transfer, liberal arts, professional/technical, basic skills and continuing education for students of diverse ethnic and economic backgrounds. Visit our website, wvc.edu.