The Mission of The Economic Alliance of Okanogan County is to form partnerships with Private, Government, and Tribal entities that will create an environment to nurture and support business and industry through:
- Gradual and controlled growth with proper planning, which protects the environment and rural atmosphere.
- Families and communities built on strong values and positive self-image of the individual
- High quality public services provided at a reasonable cost.
- Respect for the diversity of cultural and recreational opportunities that abound in our regions.
We provide a variety of programs and services to support local communities, businesses and other organizations in the Okanogan County service area:
- Associated Development Organization – Okanogan County has designated The Economic Alliance as the agency responsible for implementing the Associated Development program through the Washington Department of Commerce. Primary responsibilities include business recruitment, expansion and retention, and assisting startup-up businesses.
- Small Business Development Center – A resource for expert advising, management training and market research. The Okanogan County’s SBDC advisor, Lew Blakeney provides one-on-one confidential advising at no charge to help businesses or potential businesses make informed decisions. A partnership with the SBA and WSU.
- Okanogan County Tourism Council – The Economic Alliance provides administrative support services for the Okanogan County Tourism Council, which does not have dedicated office space. Services offered for the Tourism Council include keeping files, use of copy machine and computer and other essential items for operations. The Economic Alliance office is also used as a source for answering questions from tourists and others with tourism issues.
What other services are available?
The Economic Alliance serves as a repository for demographic and socio-economic data for the Okanogan County area. Our staff is available to answer questions and to help you find the data you need.
- The EA staff is available to make presentations to community groups interested in economic development, learning more about our activities, or other topics of special interest.
- The EA staff is available to facilitate economic and community development efforts in the communities we serve.
- The EA staff is available to review grant funding applications for communities or organizations prior to submission.
Source: The Economic Alliance of Okanogan County